Red Deer County Demographics to Consider
- There are now over 19,500 residents who called Red Deer County home.
- Population increase of 7% between 2011-2016.
- Springbrook is the fastest growing hamlet in the county, with an increase from 1,079 to 1,507 from 2011-2016.
- Increasing senior citizen population of 21% between 2011-2016.
- Red Deer County’s primary industry is agriculture.
- Two bus routes in Red Deer County, 12 to gasoline alley, and 12a to Springbrook.
- Red Deer County has Intermunicipal Development Plans with the City of Red Deer, Bowden, Innisfail, Penhold and Sylvan Lake.
- Division 6 only has 2 voting stations; every other Division has between 3-5 voting stations.
- Sylvan Lake Community Center,
- Poplar Ridge Community Hall,
- Possibility of creating a 3rd voting station at the Linn Valley Community Hall.
- According to the Community Needs Assessment Study (June 2017) Division 6 values:
- its proximity to Red Deer,
- enjoys the relaxing/peaceful lifestyle in the county,
- having land/farm/acreage,
- the scenic and natural beauty of the area.