My name is Laura Stephan. My husband Chris and I have four strong boys, Austin, Jordan, Christian, and Matthew. We love living in Red Deer County because the County is friendly, beautiful and relaxing.
- Legal Assistant Diploma from Bow Valley College
- Business Certificate from SIAST
- Amateur Ham Radio Certificate with Honors
- Director; Red Deer Minor Football
- Co-captain; Women’s Basketball team
- Active Committee member for local women’s and children organizations
- Organized local community clean-ups
- Active participant in regular local food drives
- Planned, coordinated and presented lectures, talks, activities, and seminars
- Children’s Mentor
Why I am running
I care about my community and I’m committed to making it better. I have what it takes to be a good member of council.
- I am smart, hardworking, and qualified.
- I take my commitments seriously and invest myself fully into my responsibilities.
- I am fiscally conservative.
What I hope to accomplish
- Represent the residents of the County
- Strengthen safety and security within the County
- Expand and improve upon County partnerships
- Promote the mandate to ensure County taxes are low
I love to dance, and bowl. During the summer months you can often find me and my boys at a bowling alley. I also enjoy playing sports, reading, cross stitching, traveling and working on my family history and genealogy.